A formal Development Plan Document, has been prepared in accordance with the Wiltshire Core Strategy.
- Revise, where necessary, settlement boundaries in relation to the Principal Settlements of Salisbury and Trowbridge, Market Towns, Local Service Centres and Large Villages; and
- Allocate new sites for housing to ensure the delivery of homes across the plan period in order to maintain a five year land supply in each of Wiltshire’s three Housing Market Areas over the period to 2026.The consultation begins today Friday 14 July 2017 (and continues for 10 weeks) and drop in events are being held as part of the consultation. The events will be open between 12 noon and 7pm as follows:
- Neeld Community & Art Centre, High Street, Chippenham SN15 3ER Monday 17 July 2017
- Guildhall, Market Place, Salisbury SP1 1JH Wednesday 19 July 2017
- Town Hall, St Johns Street, Devizes SN10 1BN Monday 24 July 2017
- Atrium, County Hall, Trowbridge BA14 8JN Wednesday 26 July 2017
Officers from the council will be available during the day to answer your questions about the draft plan and we would encourage town and parish councils to send representatives to find out more about what the draft plan proposes in their area.
Parish and town councils will be contacted again around the start of the consultation with more information about how to comment on the draft plan and where all the supporting evidence can be viewed. In the meantime, you can review the latest information and all supporting documentation on the our website.